Friday 25 March 2011

Cigarette litter 2 - design interventions

Here is a large scale poster I created for a bus stop, again targeting smokers who are tempted to light up while waiting for their next journey, as well as promoting general awareness. I chose the bus stop for the location of my poster, as I related the weight of the littered cigarettes to London buses, to highlight the amount of cigarette rubbish on the streets. In this case it is equivalent to 17 double decker London buses.


I took photographs of a mass amounts of piled cigarettes, to get across the message of 120 tons being litter a day. We all notice cigarette butts on the street but having them presented complied together clearly conveys the vast scale. 


The poster caught people's eye, and was convincing as an intentional poster because it was designed to fit the window in the shelter, making passers-by judge it as a genuine piece. 




No comments:

Post a Comment